27 January, 2009

Concerto for Viola, String Orchestra and Harpsichord - Capriccio - by Ronald Royer


This is a truly exquisite piece that I listened to on Friday and it prompted me to invent a new drawing style. It is a piece based on Baroque music (specifically Bach) and will soon be performed in concert.
The capricio is a fast piece with a solo viola - which is wonderful as we violists never get enough credit for starting the "violin" family (That's right violins!!! And it should be called the viola family!!!). Such a BEAUTIFUL piece!!!

I believe this is the 21st picture in my musical illustration series that I started this summer.

Also... I would like to take the time to mention that today is Mozart's birthday!!! :-D Always wondered what he would write if he were alive in our century...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Prettiful...:P

Anonymous said...

nice lines

Anonymous said...

nice lines

Anonymous said...

interesting read. I would love to follow you on twitter.